Where is Nambucca Heads?
The improvement between Warrell Creek and Nambucca Heads involves:
- Design and building of 19.5km of new twin carriageway road.
- Two level separated interchanges at Warrell Creek and Bald Hill path, south of Macksville.
- Longitudinal bridges across Upper Warrell Creek, Williamson Creek, Warrell Creek, Nambucca River floodplain and Nambucca River.
- Overbridges on Rosewood Road, Albert Drive, Scotts Heads Quarry accessibility roadway, Bald Hill path, Old Coast path South, Mattick Road and Old Coast path North and an underpass at Cockburns Lane.
- Pacifico is working together with Roads and Maritime solutions (RMS) to develop and apply innovative and efficient design solutions that'll reduce steadily the total building and functions budget.
The task is part regarding the bigger Warrell Creek to Urunga Pacific Highway upgrade accepted in July 2011 and is jointly financed because of the state and federal governments.
When finish the improvement will improve roadway security and reduce regular traffic congestion.
In the last three-month, products for the foundation works and bulk earthworks have progressed steadily, notwithstanding a few significant rainfall activities.
When you look at the south (Warrell Creek to Nambucca River), the task group is laying the rock-bed when preparing for the roadway works, have begun drainage works and controlled blasting activities commenced early July 2015 in 2 locations.
Into the north (Nambucca River to Nambucca Heads), piling works for the Nambucca River bridge commenced mid July 2015. The project group is working on the Pacific Highway diversion off Nursery path south, which will follow with piling. On Old Coast path, the building of this batch plant and pre-cast shed continues and it is likely to be working in November 2015, climate permitting.
Over the project, residential property and energy adjustments along with the commissioning of sedimentation basins and ecological settings tend to be ongoing. The urban design and landscape administration plan has been finalised while the draft program will likely to be readily available for community watching throughout the the following month.